As an Amazon Affiliate and member of various affiliate programs, we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I’m sure by now you’ve heard of Warby Parker glasses, but you may not know what they’re about. As a lifelong glasses wearer, I’ve got to tell you:
My Warby Parker glasses are my FAVORITE pair of glasses I’ve ever owned.
Let me give you a little backstory.
A few years ago after my annual checkup at my eye doc, I found myself dreading buying a new pair of glasses. Why?
- They’re expensive
- I’ve always had trouble finding a pair to fit my wide face, &
- Trying to find a pair that’s cute and wide?
…or so I thought.
Warby Parker Has Changed How I Shop For Glasses Forever
I’d seen their ads on TV & online, yet hadn’t put much thought into trying them. Not until I was standing in my local eye Dr.’s office, staring hopelessly at a wall of glasses that weren’t…me.
Sure, there were designer frames. There were even wide frames – 4 pairs, for women, to be exact. FOUR. In the whole place. Talk about #disappointed 👎
Listen, I’m not a tiny gal, in any sense of the word – my noggin included (thanks, genetics). So words like “narrow” and “normal” have never applied to me.
So I went home, discouraged & cranky – knowing that I’d once again end up with a pair of glasses that didn’t suit my face shape or size.
Cue a Well-Timed Warby Parker Ad
Who knows what site I was scrolling through, but there it was, bold & bright like a neon sign beaming: “Free At Home Try-On” by Warby Parker.
At home…try-on? Free?! Whaaat?!
Color me intrigued. I quickly jumped on their site to find more info. And guess what? IT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I’D BEEN LOOKING FOR.
Not only did they have a decent variety of wide frames – they had EXTRA wide frames too!
How Does Warby Parker Work?
Warby Parker launched back in 2010, their mission and vision a passionate response to the frustrations of countless eyeglass wearers.
Their mission statement is “to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses.”
Essentially, Warby Parker sells affordable glasses made of quality material with a designer look, while also giving their customers an outstanding experience.
There are so many great features about the Warby experience, but to name a few:
- Via their website, they offer the super convenient Home Try-On option, which I will elaborate more about below
- They have a virtual try-on option on their site as well
- They also offer a Virtual Vision Test for $15 (which is a good fit for some, but not all. If your vision has changed or you have eye health concerns, you’ll probably want an in-person exam)
- Warby Parker has over 170 retail store locations across the US & Canada, so if the “online” experience isn’t for you, they offer the traditional route as well
- They offer a variety of sizes (including narrow, medium, wide, & extra wide), shapes, & colors for their frames
- Their eyewear offerings feature a designer look without the designer price
- With every pair of glasses you’ll get a case & lens cloth, free-shipping, hassle-free returns, and their 6 month no-scratch guarantee
- You have the option to use Affirm to split your purchase into 4 payments (see Warby Parker’s site for more information about the Affirm program)
Sounds awesome, right? Well keep reading – because it gets even better.
How Much Do Warby Parker Glasses Cost?
Their glasses start at $95 – which is pretty dang cheap for frames with a designer aesthetic, and lenses. All lenses come with scratch-resistant treatment, anti-reflective coating, superhydrophobic coating, & UV protection (this in itself is AMAZING, btw).
Their standard lenses are made of Polycarbonate, & are included in the base price of the glasses.
Just as a disclaimer, there are some add-ons you may want for your lenses (which is an industry standard, btw). These include:
- Blue-light Filtering: In today’s world, we’re all spending too much time behind our phone & computer screens, so adding this option is almost a must. At an additional $50, it’s a small price to pay to save your eyes
- Light-responsive: Adding this option will make your lenses transition from clear to a darker tint when UV rays hit your lenses. This option is an additional $100
- 1.67 High-Index lenses: Warby recommends these for anyone with a strong Rx (+/-4.0 or higher total power). This option is an additional $50
- 1.74 High-Index lenses: These are recommended for anyone with REALLY strong Rx’s (-8.0 or higher total power), & they are an additional $150
How Do You Try Them Out, You Ask? The Home Try-On Process is SO EASY
Like…STUPID easy. Not to mention, SUPER convenient. Here are the simple steps for using their Home Try-On program:
- Head to the Warby Parker website.
- Click on “Home Try-On“.
- On the next page, click on the “Eyeglasses” box.
- On the next page, choose your preferred style: Men’s or Women’s frames.
- The next page will show all results for your selection. From here you can either:
- a.) Take the style quiz, & view those results,
- b.) Scroll through all results without taking the quiz or filtering, or
- c.) Filter the results by the following: Frame Width, Shape, Color, Material, & Nose Bridge
- Add 5 Frames to your cart. Once you’ve got your contenders selected, click on your cart, & go through the prompts to set up your account & order your Home Try-On frames!
- NOTE: You will be prompted to input a credit or debit card to order, but the trial IS free. They require your card to be on file just in case you don’t return the frames.
- Wait for your frames to arrive!
Per their site, it typically takes about 5 business days for your Home Try-On package to get to you. However, they have added a disclaimer to their emails that it may take a little longer than normal due to COVID-19 safety measures.
That being said, I recently ordered a Home Try-On on a Saturday & received mine by Tuesday (which I thought was amazing, even by pre-COVID standards).
What Do I Do After I’ve Received My Home Try-On Box?
Once you’ve tried on all of your Home Try-On picks & have made a decision, pack them all back into the box you’d received them in, and attach the shipping label that was included in your box.
Take the box to the post office & send them on their way!
Generally, you have 5 days to try out your frames before you return them. However, Warby Parker is not super picky about this rule, so don’t freak out if you haven’t made a decision by day 5. Just plan on getting the frames back to them as soon as you can!
If you want to try additional pairs, you can repeat the Home Try-On process. But if you’ve found the perfect pair, head back to the Warby Parker website to order your frames!
Additionally, you can head to your nearest Warby Parker retail location if you’d rather have an in-person experience.
How To Order Warby Parker Glasses Online
- Head back to the Warby Parker site, and Sign In to view your Account (you can create an account or continue as a guest if you haven’t already set up your account). From there you can view your Home Try-On order & select the frames you loved.
- Once you’re on the page with your favorite frames, make sure you select the color that you want before clicking “Select lenses and purchase.”
- You’ll be guided through the following prompts, so be sure to select the options that apply to you & are what you want for your frames & lenses:
- Frame Width: Narrow, Medium, Wide, Extra Wide (please note that the same width options don’t apply to all frames)
- Prescription Type: Single Vision, Progressives, Non-Prescription, & Readers
- Lens Type: Classic, Blue-light Filtering, & Light-responsive
- Lens Material: Polycarbonate, 1.67 High-index, 1.74 High-index
- Once you’ve made your selections & added your glasses to your cart, click on the shopping cart in the upper right hand corner, review your selection, & then click Next step.
- On the Add Prescription page, you can either:
- Upload a photo of your current prescription from your eye doctor – typically eyeglass prescriptions are good for 1 year. On the following page, you can upload a photo of your current Rx
- Have Warby Parker contact your doctor. You’ll need your eye doctor’s contact information to input on the next page if you choose this option
- Send it to them later. They will email you about how to submit a prescription to them
- Once you’ve chosen your option & completed the required info on the Add Prescription page, you’ll land on the Review Your Order page. Here you will be able to review your:
- Total for your purchase
- Prescription choice
- Shipping address
- Delivery option (Standard shipping of 7-10 days is free & included – other options will vary)
- Payment Method (if you did the Home Try-On, your payment info may be saved here already)
- Order Summary
- Below the payment method, you can add a gift or promo code if you have one.
- Once you’ve reviewed all of your information, click Place Order. Your new glasses will be heading your way in no time!
How long will it take to get your Warby Parker glasses? Typically, the turnaround time on prescription orders is 10-12 business days.
Conclusion: Are Warby Parker Glasses Worth It?
ABSOLUTELY. I’m currently getting ready to order my second pair of glasses from Warby Parker, & they have even more options this time than they did before.
So while I may repeat my Home Try-On a couple more times, I’m sure I’m going to find another pair of frames to fall in love with.
I’ve had my current frames for over 2 years now, and they’ve held up so well that I’ll be able to keep them around as a backup pair. The frames are still in amazing shape, and the lenses aren’t scratched or scuffed up. I’m beyond impressed with these!
So whether you need a prescription pair, readers, or just a pair of specs to block out blue-light, Warby Parker has you covered.
Check out their site here to get your Warby experience started!
Want to see more posts like this one? Visit my Lifestyle page, & don’t forget to subscribe to get my latest posts!