As an Amazon Affiliate and member of various affiliate programs, we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Before we dig deep into this Easy Air Fryer Potatoes Recipe, we MUST talk about the star of the show here:
Potatoes: America’s favorite carbohydrate. We bake them. We fry them. And we mash or slice them…and fry them some more.
If someone told me they didn’t love the crisp, salty perfection of McDonald’s fries (fresh, not soggy, of course), I’d have to call BS. They’re DAMN delicious. While those are my personal fave, fried potatoes in any shape or form are a national treasure.
This Air Fryer Potatoes Recipe is just what it sounds like: super tasty, and super easy.
With minimal ingredients, and that “fried” taste without the excess oil, these are sure to become a favorite with your family!
Easy Air Fryer Potatoes Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 2-3 Potatoes I used Russets, but you can use other types
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Onion powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 pinch Seasoned Salt (Optional)
- Wash your potatoes, and slice them about ¼ inch thick. NOTE: If you would like them more crispy, you can slice them a little thinner (but not too thin – unless you want them to turn into potato chips).
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400°F.
- Place potato slices in a bowl, drizzle with the avocado oil, and stir to coat the slices evenly with the oil. Sprinkle your seasonings over your potatoes, and stir them well to evenly coat them with the spices.
- When Air Fryer is preheated, lay your sliced potatoes in the bottom of the basket. Press the time to 6 minutes.NOTE: They will cook more evenly if you don't stack them on top of each other, so it's best to just line the bottom with one layer. You may need to do two batches this way, but they will cook better.
- After 6 minutes, remove the basket and stir / flip the potatoes. Place the basket back in the Air Fryer, and cook for an additional 6 minutes at 400°F.
- When done, the potatoes should be golden brown, and a little crispy on the outside. If you want them crispier, you can put them in for more time – an additional 2-3 minutes, or until they've reached your desired crispness.Dish them out, let them cool a couple of minutes, and enjoy!
What Air Fryer Should You Use?
- You can use any brand of air fryer, just be aware that cooking times may vary from brand to brand (& even model to model). Be sure to adjust your cooking times as needed.
- This is the Air Fryer I use: NUWAVE Brio 7.25 Quart Digital Air Fryer
All about the potatoes:
- I prefer russet potatoes for this recipe, but you’re welcome to try other types of potatoes!
- Again, don’t slice them too thin – unless you’re looking to make potato chips instead
- If you want to use less oil on your potatoes, try an oil sprayer like this one
- I’ll repeat it because it’s important: DON’T stack your potatoes on top of each other, unless you want to add more time & risk them cooking unevenly
Want more side dish and dinner ideas?
Don’t forget to like & share this post, and subscribe to get my latest recipes!