As an Amazon Affiliate and member of various affiliate programs, we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This Low Carb Shamrock Shake Recipe is the only thing standing between me & the Golden Arches when March rolls around – just sayin’.
The Shamrock Shake is arguably the best thing to ever come out of McDonalds’ (always broken) ice cream machine….But have you SEEN how many carbs & grams of sugar are in that thing?! Lord Almighty 😨 It’s not pretty.
The truth about Carbs and Sugar in Fast Food
Going keto has really opened my eyes to just how many carbs & sugars are in everything we eat – especially fast food. That’s why I decided to make my own low carb version – one that won’t have you slurping down spoonfuls of sugar and feeling terrible about yourself.
Does it taste exactly like the real thing? Of course not (it’s not a vat of pure refined sugar with an unhealthy dose of synthetic mint, after all). But is it good?
So get together this short list of ingredients, drop ’em in your blender, push a button – annnd Enjoy!
Easy Low Carb Shamrock Shake
- 1 Cup Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ¾ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ tsp Vanilla Stevia Drops See notes for the drops I use
- ¼ tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1 scoop Low Carb Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1½ cups Ice Cubes
- Add all ingredients to your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- That's it.
Recipe Notes – Low Carb Shamrock Shake
- These are the stevia drops I use: SweetLeaf Sweet Drops
Heavy Whipping Cream
- Make sure you use HWC and NOT half & half or regular milk. This is the way to get that rich & full taste without all the sugar & carbs.
- Make sure it’s UNSWEETENED Vanilla. I really like Silk brand, but any unsweetened vanilla almond milk will do
- To stick with Keto friendly ingredients, snag this Premier Protein Vanilla Protein Powder on Amazon
- I just used the Aldi brand & it tasted great. Use whatever brand you prefer on this one.
If you want a green shake
- I personally don’t like adding food coloring to my food, but if you want a green shake, just add a drop or two of green food coloring to the mix before blending.
Like this Recipe?
Let me know what you think! Rate it, & comment below.
Want more low carb / keto recipes? Click here to go straight to all my low carb recipes!