As an Amazon Affiliate and member of various affiliate programs, we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
BBQ and Coleslaw – there’s just something about this combination that creates a crazy good taste bud explosion in your mouth.
A lot of people think coleslaw is out of the question on keto though. Typically, coleslaw contains a boatload of sugar (and so does BBQ sauce – but that’s another subject entirely).
But with multiple varieties of keto friendly sugar substitutes out there, you can make your own Easy Keto Coleslaw and kick that refined sugar to the curb!
If you’re hitting up the neighborhood BBQ and want a keto friendly side dish to pair with your pulled pork, this recipe is for you!
It only takes about 5 minutes to prep, so if you’re habitually late to EVERYTHING (like me), THIS is the side dish you’ll always call dibs on bringing.
There are only 7 ingredients in this, and if I were a betting gal, I’d bet ya you’ve got 5 out of the 7 😉
Easy Keto Coleslaw
- 1 Bag of Coleslaw Mix (16 ounce)
- 2 tbsp Pyure Blend Sweetener * See notes below for other sweeteners
- ⅔ cup Mayo
- 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Mix all ingredients together well in a large bowl.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Serve & enjoy!
Recipe Notes – Easy Keto Coleslaw
- If you don’t have the time to let it sit, you can serve it immediately.
- If you don’t have Pyure, be sure to adjust the amount of sweetener accordingly (see below for refined sugar ratio for reference)
If you want to use refined sugar instead of a low carb sweetener
- If you’re not on keto or a low carb diet, & you want real sugar
- You can use sugar in a 2:1 ratio to Pyure – so if you’re using refined sugar, use up to 4 tbsp instead of 2 tbsp of Pyure
- I used to swear by Hellmans, but as I edit this (November 2023) I’d suggest using Duke’s or making your own at home
- Just keep in mind that the quality of your mayo is going to affect the overall taste of this. So if you’re using sub-par mayo, your slaw may not taste as great as it could.
Side Note About Keto & BBQ
If you’re getting tasty BBQ, ask for your sauce on the side. That way your meat isn’t slathered in sugary carby sauce.
If I’m eating at a restaurant, I will dip my meat into the BBQ Sauce provided, if they don’t have a low sugar option. I’m not super strict about it because I eat more of a dirty or lazy keto diet. If you are being strict – you might want to skip the sauce. It’s usually filled with sugar.
BUT, if you’re BBQ’ing at home and you’re looking for a Sugar Free BBQ sauce, there are options – like Sweet Baby Rays Sugar Free BBQ Sauce.
Like this Recipe?
Rate it & leave a comment – I’d love to hear what you think! Be sure to pin it for later – it’s going to become one of your faves 😉
Check out the Low Carb section of my site for more Keto / Low Carb recipes. Wanna know my favorite? Check out the Keto Cheesy Zucchini Bites! Or if you’re in the mood for some tasty crockpot BBQ, check out the Slow Cooker BBQ Pork recipe!