As an Amazon Affiliate and member of various affiliate programs, we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
If you like cheesy side dishes, but don’t like the carbs that usually come along with them then these Keto Cheesy Zucchini Bites are for you. Cheesy zucchini low carb side dishes are my favorite, by the way.
Zucchini happens to be one of the most versatile and low carb / keto friendly veggies in existence. Craving fries? Zucchini. Craving chips? Zucchini. Craving pasta?
You get the idea.
Going low carb can be a struggle when you’re craving fried foods and all the processed junk our bodies are used to. Luckily, this tasty cheesy zucchini side dish can help curb those cravings!
This dish is always a hit in my household – anytime I mention that I bought zucchini, my husband gives me a hopeful look & asks, “Cheesy Zucchini Bites?”
About 9 times out of 10, his wish is granted – I’d say those are good stats for this recipe!
Try this super easy Keto Cheesy Zucchini Bites recipe below with dinner tonight – your taste buds will thank you 😋
Keto Cheesy Zucchini Bites
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
- 2 Medium Zucchini Sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Salt To Taste
- ¼ tsp Pepper To Taste
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder To Taste
- ½ – 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place the sliced zucchini in a large bowl, and drizzle the avocado or olive oil over the slices. Add your salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese, and stir until the zucchini slices are evenly coated.
- Place slices evenly on a baking sheet. The slices don't have to be very far apart, FYI. Top each slice with your shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Turn on broiler to 450°F, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese browns slightly on top.
- When the cheese is melted / browned to your liking, remove from oven, let cool, & enjoy!
Recipe Notes for Cheesy Zucchini Low Carb Bites
Protect Your Baking Sheet
- I always use parchment paper to line my baking sheet. This makes for much easier cleanup in the end – especially with all that cheese.
- For the salt, pepper, & garlic powder, I sprinkle it on to taste – but I’d estimate that I use at least use ¼ tsp for each.
- I estimated on the amount of mozzarella cheese. If you need / want more cheese, feel free to add to your heart’s content! I could easily use closer to 1 full cup if I allowed myself to – I loooveee cheese.
- Does the brand of cheese matter? Not really, unless you’re a cheese snob. I often use Aldi shredded mozzarella for this dish.
- Every oven is different, so be sure to keep an eye on your zucchini while the broiler is on. It can go from zero to burnt really quick!
Love this Recipe?
Be sure to show the love – rate it, and share to your socials. Don’t forget to Pin it for later – you’re going to want to make this one over & over again!
Looking for more low carb ideas? Try this low carb Big Mac Casserole, and don’t forget to subscribe to get my latest recipes!