As an Amazon Affiliate and member of various affiliate programs, we may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Low Carb Big Mac Casserole | There really is nothing quite like the greasy goodness of a Big Mac. But when you’re eating low carb, you’re not going to be eating the bun.
…and the bun makes up literally more than half of the sandwich.
So if you’re fiending for that Big Mac taste without the high carbage, I’ve got a Big Mac Casserole that will definitely kick that craving!
I, personally, am a Big Mac junkie – so saying no to that double pattied, triple bun goodness layered with cheese, lettuce, onion, & Mac Sauce was a KILLER when I went keto. I spent a lot of time finding the right combination of ingredients to get that classic Big Mac taste.
When you go low carb, your taste buds DO change. You don’t need all the sugary ingredients like you did before. SO. In my Big Mac Expert opinion, this dish is an awesome low carb substitute for the real thing – minus the bread, of course.
Dive into this cheesy, flavorful, low carb Big Mac Casserole for dinner tonight & give your taste buds what they want!
Low Carb Big Mac Casserole
- 9×14 Baking Dish
Browning the Burger
- 1½ – 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp Minced Onion
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ⅛ tsp Salt to taste
- ⅛ tsp Pepper to taste
Big Mac Sauce
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 4 tbsp French Dressing
- 8 tsp Pickle Relish
- 2 tbsp Finely minced Sweet Onion
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Salt
For Casserole / Topping
- 1½ – 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- 1 Cup Dill Pickle Rounds You can leave them whole, or dice them
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
Browning the Ground Beef
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat with your minced onions, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Start making your Big Mac Sauce (see below).
- When browned, drain the grease and add to your 9×14 baking dish.
Big Mac Sauce
- While your ground beef is cooking, mix together all ingredients for your Big Mac Sauce: Mayo, pickle relish, diced onion, French dressing, white vinegar, and salt.NOTE: This will all be used in your casserole, so if you would like some extra sauce after the casserole is done, either hold some back, or make another batch of the sauce (or a half batch). It will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Mix your browned ground beef, Big Mac Sauce, 1 – 1½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese (depending on how cheesy you want it), & 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese well in your baking dish. Spread the mixture evenly in the dish.
- Top with the remaining ½ cup of sharp cheddar shredded cheese (or more if you want it super cheesy) and your dill pickle rounds – whole or diced.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and then broil at 500°F for 3-5 more minutes until the cheese on top is browned to your liking.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and serve!
RECIPE NOTES – Low Carb Big Mac Casserole
- This recipe DOES have a lot of cheese. So feel free to cut back on some if you need to!
- You’ll notice that there are some carbs & sugars in the French dressing if you buy store bought. If you want to make it more along the lines of keto, you can make your own French dressing instead.
- If you want the Big Mac Sauce sweeter, try adding a small amount of natural sweetener such Pyure blend, Swerve, or stevia
- You can leave them whole, or dice them
- I’m very picky about my mayo. While I used to use Hellmann’s, I stopped using it because I wasn’t a fan of bioengineered ingredients. I now use Dukes, or make my own. You can use whatever mayo you prefer, or make your own as well.
Big Mac Sauce
- The amount in the recipe will all be used in your casserole, so if you want extra sauce after the casserole is done, either hold some back or make another batch of the sauce (or a half batch).
- It will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
What Should I Make With the Big Mac Casserole?
I served mine on a bed of fresh red leaf lettuce. I really liked it, but I’ve been told by some that the texture was “weird” because it gets a little greasy. The making it a “salad” part of it may not be for you, if you’re weird about textures.
These are some low carb options I’d suggest to make along with it:
- Side Salad
- Steamed or Roasted Broccoli
- Steamed or Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted or Grilled Zucchini & Onion
- Steamed or Roasted Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Rice
- Veggie Tots or Veggie Hash Browns (Note: These are usually a little higher in carbs, so limit these if you’re doing Lazy / Dirty Keto, and don’t eat if you’re going stricter Keto)
- Zucchini Fries
- Green Beans
- Keto Bread
Want to learn more about starting Keto or going low carb? Check out this post.
Like this recipe? Be sure to Rate it & Pin it for later 👇! Don’t forget to subscribe to get my latest recipe posts, and follow me on Instagramf or more low carb / keto tips & recipes!